1. Jon Stewart -- I watch his show once in a while. While his opinions often reflect my own, I can't say he shapes my point of view.
2. Bill Gates -- The Microsoft guy; a smart guy who knows how to assemble a team of smart guys, and who now does good work with the money he's made.
3. Mark Zuckerberg -- only vaguely familiar with him. Social networking guy?
4. Steve Jobs -- the Apple dude. Grating though he is, his vision and flair for, well, basically for having flair, plus a Gatesian knack for assembling teams of smart, creative people are talents to be either envied or emulated; maybe both. I buy his products, so I guess Jobs is influential in my life.
5. Kanye West -- some rap guy, isn't he? Not much influence on me, unless it's his crap those street racer punks obnoxiously pound through their subwoofers at traffic intersections, in which case he reinforces my distaste for an entire musical genre.
6. Drew Brees -- who?
7. James Franco -- Beneath the Planet of the Apes? No, wait, that was James Franciscus.
8. Elon Musk -- is this a "who" or a "what"?
9. Jose Mourinho -- ¿Que?
10. Graydon Carter -- nope, sorry, no clue.
I feel like such a square. Obviously I'm failing to be influenced by the right people.