SUPPLIES: one of those plastic cannisters that 35mm film comes in. It has to be one of the transparenty ones from Fuji with a cap that snaps tightly into place. You'll also need a packet of fizzy Alka-Selter™ (or cheap generic equivalent) tablets.
- Take one of the Alka-Seltzer™ (or cheap generic equivalent) tablets and break it in half. Easier said than done. Approximately in half will do.
- Fill the container about one-third full of water.
- Drop the partial tablet into the container.
- AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE snap the lid onto the film cannister.
- Set the film cannister lid-end-down on a flat surface and step back.
- Wait for between five and thirty seconds.
- POP! The film cannister rocket should shoot ten to fifteen feet into the air. Maybe more.
Much less expensive than Diet Coke and Mentos, and almost as much fun!